Here is a list of public facing features that I plan on adding to this site (and blog about) in the near future:
- RSS - can't have a blog without it
- Gravatars for comments
- Some sort of comment filter/spam catcher
- Markdown Editor for comments
- Blog post paging (I can't have them all show up on the home page)
- Post Tags
- Post-specific metadata (meta keywords and description)
- Syntax highlighting for code in blog posts and comments
- Mobile friendly
- Threaded comments (still undecided if I really want this)
- Some integration with Twitter, Flickr, etc.
- Accessibility features (alternate font sizes, high contrast version, ARIA, etc.)
There are also a ton of backend/admin features that I will need to add to the blog in order to make it easy to maintain. For example, the Atom Publishing Protocol looks interesting for creating and editing posts from tools such as Windows Live Writer. But I really won't know what I need or want until I do this enough.
What else am I missing?